Thursday, December 31, 2009

Super Sizing Proof


I went to grab a quick lunch yesterday.  Since I'm getting married in the next seven months I've decided...yet again...to lose a little weight.  I do this from time to time.  I would love to lose 20-30 pounds, but usually what happens is I lose 5-10 and then give up.  We'll see how this works.  Especially since I'll be fitting into a wedding dress that is supposed to be form-fitting.  At least most wedding dresses are, right? 

Regardless, I went to grab a quick bite from the local Burger King.  Along with my boss' calorie fest order I ordered my Whopper combo with no mayo and side salad.  When they asked what size combo I wanted I said, "small."  Then, when I pulled around and paid, this is the drink they gave me.  Does this look like a small to you guys?  And yes, I'm holding it at the base with my pointer finger to steady it so that I don't tip it and spill tea all over my car.  If this is a true small...I'd hate to see a medium or large. 

This is a trend I'm seeing in a lot of fast food restaurants now, BK is not the only one.  Wendy's, McDonald's and others I've noticed are now asking if you want a small, medium or large combo.  Seriously though, who needs a monstrous order of french fries and drink?  This is a prime example of how our nation has definitely become super-sized!!  Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some iced tea...but, I didn't need this big of a drink by any means.  And other people order Dr. Pepper, Coke and other types of pop.  Why hello there, Mr. Dentist!  I don't know about you guys, but I'm not to keen on my teeth getting drilled...which, is a direct effect of too much salt and sugar. 

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year's Eve/Day. I'll be off to check out my top two choices of wedding venues on Saturday. Cross your fingers that I'm happy with at least one of them and make a successful booking!! After that...it's on to finding a good photographer for engagement pictures. Fun times in this wedding-planning household!  I have about a million different things to plan and decide and am trying to attempt a checklist and order of things.  My New Year's resolution might be to not pull my hair out in the next seven months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails