Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Moving on with my experimentation week...one of the blogs I follow had a very appealing recipe post earlier this month and I felt the need to try it. Last night, in fact. This recipe entailed stuffing chicken breasts with cream cheese, spinach and scallions. Mmmm...I love all four of these things. The blogger, Souffle Bombay, said the initial recipe she modified it from had things like mushrooms and water chestnuts as well. While, I'm not a big fan of water chestnuts (not a fan of nuts period), I do think I'll be adding mushrooms to the mix the next time I prepare this chicken dish.

To start out I mixed some cream cheese, chopped spinach and sliced green onions in a bowl.


Then, I sliced a pocket in two chicken breasts and stuffed them with the filling. The yellow sauce you see that I slathered on the outside is Grey Poupon mustard.


O...M...G. One thing the recipe blog does not mention is the SMELL. The mustard makes this smell so...darn...good. After 35 minutes in the oven, this was the result and it was awesome.


I ate one of the chicken breasts with some Tuesday night leftovers. Very satisfying meal, I must say. While both are good...I probably won't pair them together again. The flavors from each dish are going for a different effect on your taste buds.

And if you're wondering about the glass in both this blog and Tuesday night's...I always have milk with my meals. So, you'll be seeing milk glasses a lot around here. At least during mealtime.


If you would like to print out this recipe, the initial blog I got it from is here. Enjoy! I know I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails