Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Books, Books, Books...and More Books!

I believe I've discussed my ever-present pile of books on my dresser. This pile is constantly being added to and shuffled. I try my best to put all new books on the bottom of the pile and read them in the order in which I receive them. First in, first read; last in, last read. However, certain situations arise where I have to "cheat" and throw a book on top. I did this with both Twilight books and I always do so with borrowed books. And I'm about to do it again. My friend that I went to see New Moon with...well, we're going to go see Dear John as well. Both of us want to read the book before we go and I told her that I already had a copy and was planning on reading it anyway. She is currently reading Eclipse and told me we could just swap when we're both done. As you can see below, Dear John was not the correct Nicholas Sparks novel that I already possessed. So...I'll be making a quick run to either Barnes & Noble or Half-Price Books shortly to remedy this situation. But, ugh, I have a love/hate relationship with going to the book store. Why? Because this picture is a perfect example of what happens.

This ever-present pile IS ever-present because of my trips to book stores. And I already know that I'll probably buy a new audiobook since I don't have one right now. Instead, I'm currently jammin' to some awesome Christmas music on my Sirius Satellite Radio. ::sigh:: At least this pile is nothing compared to my actual "to read" list that I keeps building. I'd be afraid to share the ENTIRE list...it's looooong.

Did you notice the order of books though? I had these three classics from a previous purchase way back when...high school, I think. As you can see, this isn't the first time I went through a classics kick. If I remember correctly, I didn't make it through Anna Karenina, but the other two I read. It's been too long to be able to remember though...I don't remember any storylines. We'll see if I can stick to it for at least a little while. My three genre rotation is set in motion:

My Sister's Keeper - fiction
The Innocent Man - non-fiction
Mansfield Park - classic
The Luck One - fiction
Half Broke Horses - non-fiction
Anna Karenina - classic

I still need to get a couple to put before Lady Chatterley's Lover, but I think these will keep me busy for now.

2 comments:

  1. You need a Kindle!
    And I LOVED Dear John....well and Channing Tatum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I want a Kindle, but they're so dang expensive! Maybe Santa will bring me one...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails