Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Know, I Know, I Know...

Sooooo...I've been a little MIA lately.  And I know it.  And I feel a little bad about it.  But, between the holidays and an engagement...that's a pretty good excuse, right?  I feel like it is.

And it's not like I haven't had anything to blog about, because I have.  It's just the time.  Time is dwindling.  I usually have plenty of time in the afternoon to read and/or write blogs while I work.  You see, the system we have at work can be very slow when sending out notices to applicants...so while I'm waiting on the system to slowly email anywhere from 10-300 applicants the appropriate notice, I read my blogs.  And there were a lot of blogs for me to catch up with when I finally got back to work this week. 

I guess I should start since my last blog entry.  Kinda...I didn't really have anything to blog about on Tuesday so I let that day slide.  And unless you live in a hole somewhere you've probably heard about the massive snow blizzard that swept the central states, specifically Oklahoma.  Now, David and I intended to leave for Kansas after work on Christmas Eve.  However...upon hearing the threatening news reports and weather reports regarding this storm, we decided to leave on Christmas Eve Eve after work.  Boy, am I glad we did!!!  There is no way we would have made it to Kansas if we had waited until Christmas Eve.  With a total of 14.1 inches of snow in the Oklahoma City area and all state highways closed...yea, a record-breaker for sure!!  Here is a pic my mom sent me from her iPhone after it was all said and done...there was nooooo way they were getting out of their courtyard, for sure! (Haha, but the reflection of their tree in the flash on the door does kinda crack me up!)



Regardless, we made it safe and sound to David's parents' house on Christmas Eve Eve and luckily, they only got a few inches.  So that was enough excitement for the Christmas holiday, right? 

I will say that while it was a very nice Christmas, it was also a little sad for me.  It was my very first Christmas without any of my parents and their sides of the family.  And I know this makes me a complete and total nerd, but it was also my very first Christmas without Molly.  Those of you who know me well know that Molly is extremely important to me (she is my "furry baby").  I'm not even kidding, I cried to David after I dropped her off at my mom's.  It was a very sad moment for me.  Of course, his response was to be happy that it was my first Christmas with Fergie, his parents dog.  And while Fergie is da bomb...she's no Molly.

While up at David's we announced our engagement at both Christmas dinners (his mom's and dad's families have two separate Christmas dinners-both at his parents' house) and at church.  Everyone was sooooo excited and wanted to congratulate us.  It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, though David did his best to try and not make announcements.  He just wanted people to notice the ring and ask and then let the squealing and excitement ensue...which pretty much happened at both dinners, but not at church.  He properly made the announcement during the "sharing of joys" and his exact words were, "Uhhh...Crystal and I are engaged."  He was teased by more than one person after the service with jokes like, "David, if you would have just stopped talking, we would have been out of here over an hour ago."  Haha!  The members of his church were very jovial and congratulatory about the whole thing.

Moving on, I'd like to share a beautiful quilt that David's mother displayed at Christmas.  I sent my mom a picture of it and am trying to hint around about how I would love one of these.  The colors and fabric chosen caught my eye and are totally my type of Christmas decoration.  Hopefully my mom can borrow the pattern and make me one...hint, hint...



If you look closely, my favorite parts are the wood and hay.  The fabrics are wood grain fabric and wheat fabric!  How perfect!  Maybe Santa will bring me one next year...

I hope everyone had an enjoyable extended holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails