Thursday, December 17, 2009

Scrumdeliumptious Forgotten Kiss Cookies

In my tiny division at work we're having a Christmas Party Food Day next Tuesday. I'm unsure as to what I'm going to bring as I was planning on a dessert...but, then two others volunteered to bring dessert. Really good desserts too.

Except, I don't eat one of them. It has nuts in it. I don't like nuts. They're gross. And I know I'm weird. But, I just can't do it. Both of my parents love nuts...walnuts, pecans, almonds...you name it, they like it. Apparently I did not inherit that fondness. Soooo...I don't know where I get this weird aversion to nuts...but, I don't like them. People say to me ALL THE TIME, "Well, why don't you just try it? You might like them now." Like I haven't tried a nut since I was five. You know what? People sneak nuts into stuff ALL THE TIME. So I get a *surprise* taste every now and then...I would venture to say at least a dozen times a year. And you know how I feel about it? Each and every one of those times nuts taste just as disgusting and yucky to me as the last. ::shrug:: Sorry to all you nut-lovers out there.

You're probably wondering where I'm going with this...well, I'm still contemplating a side dish to bring. But, in the meantime a co-worker requested that I bring something like a pie in addition to whatever side dish I bring. This being because she's heard so much about my newfound gift of pie baking due to crusts being easier for me. But, I don't have all the ingredients to make a pie right now. So instead, I decided to make cookies. These cookies posted on Tasty Kitchen. They were so cute and looked like a good idea.

So I started out by purchasing a package of Hershey's Kisses. If you have a helper in the kitchen I highly suggest giving them this "project." I was sooo tired of these foils by the time I was done. And this pile doesn't seem big enough...the pile in my memory is bigger, I guess. But, if you have kids or an anxious family helper. Tell them to, by all means, go for it!

I mixed together all the ingredients to form the dough and was getting ready to dump in the mini kisses. But, these were so cute that I thought I'd take a picture. How cute is that tiny kiss? I love it!

OK, so now it's all mixed together and ready to go!


I will say that "rolling" the cookies into balls kind of threw me for a loop at first. In the picture on the recipe the cookies are all right-side-up and showing the kiss as sitting on it's bottom. Try sticking something inside dough, rolling it...and figuring out where the bottom is so you can set them on the cookie sheet. Hmmmm...toughie. But, to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter on these cookies. Mine didn't turn out perfectly shaped like the picture and I don't really care. They're good and that's all that matters!


While the cookies are baking, be sure to store the leftover kisses. They're a horrible temptation sitting out in a bowl! This picture was taken after I'd already snagged three.


At this point while the cookies are baking (in Wizard of Oz voice) pay no attention to the begging dog behind you...


After the first batch comes out of the oven and after you've transported them onto the cooling rack, be sure and sample while the second batch bakes. Mmm! Heavenly!


Once all the cookies have baked and are cool...what can you do to better a chocolate-filled chocolate chip cookie? Why drizzle it with melted chocolate, of course!

These cookies are great and have been a HUGE hit at work. Very festive and very chocolatey. If you didn't click on the link at the top of this post, click here and print out the recipe now!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...you don't like nuts? You don't want to know that I used to eat 3-4 lbs of nuts a day then! haha!

    These cookies look absolutely delightful though! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from the comment you left on mine. :-) These are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no nuts for me! But, that means all the more for you...

    Thanks guys! These cookies were super fun and tasty. In fact, they're all gone now! Forty of the fifty were eaten yesterday and the last 10 have already been polished off this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were indeed scrumdeliumptious. Thanks for sharing with your work buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails