Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yea...I'll Admit It

So, I'm a fan. I'll admit it, I've become enraptured by this series. And is it bad that I'm wanting to go ahead and read all my books I already have just so I can get to Eclipse that much faster? ::sigh:: Yea, it kinda is. I know. But, I'll tell you the exact same thing that everyone else has that's read these books. They are addicting and completely and totally suck you in. I started this book on Friday night around 7:30pm. By 1:00am early Sunday morning I was done. It's that good. If you haven't started reading the Twilight series...well, you should. I was like most that were opposed to begin with. I mean, seriously? C'mon, give me a break. Vampires? Scary movies are not my thing and if I'm going to watch a romantic movie I'd much rather watch something like Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, Pretty Woman, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days or Sweet Home Alabama. Just to name a few. But, I had a friend, who shall remain nameless...OK, so it was more than just one friend. Anyway! I was TOLD to read the books. Yes, told, not asked. In fact, when I didn't comply I was even called names...well, a name. One that is not a historically complimentary name. In fact, one that Dr. Bailey was called throughout the first two seasons of Grey's Anatomy. And yes, I love that show. I don't talk during that show. I used to not answer phone calls during that show. Thank goodness for DVR. My friends and family are much happier now. David thinks it's a game. To try and distract me from Grey's, that is. It doesn't work. Ever. But, I digress...

So! New Moon. It's great. Did I mention I read it in less than a 36 hour period? All 500 pages of it. So, if you haven't read it, or started to read the series...do. I don't think I need to give you background, do I? Teenage girl...in love with a vampire...there's werewolves in this book. Yes, it's very teeny-bopperish, but hey, we all need that kind of thing from time to time. It's why things like SpongeBob exist. I could have said Beavis and Butthead, Wayne's World or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, but that might have dated me. Eh, oh well. Oh, and for the record, I totally am not into the idea of wearing pale make-up or fake teeth or any of that silly, trendy stuff that people are doing over these books. I simply find it a good story that compels you to read further. Aaaand after watching the first movie, Twilight, I'll be heading to the theater this coming Friday to watch this book transformed onto the silver screen. Can't wait!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails