Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gooooooooin' To The Chapel and We're Gonna...

I totally do not want this blog to turn in to a wedding blog, but at the same time this wedding is consuming alllll of my time.  And because of that I haven't had much time to do anything else...like read, cook, sew...anything! 

I know it's seven months out and all, but you wouldn't believe how quickly stuff gets booked up.  I was lucky to get the date I wanted at the venue I picked.  Now, while I am looking for a photographer I can tell you that I have run across a couple that already have my wedding date booked.  This is insane!  And also, the more I learn about weddings, the more I see that other couples have loooooong engagement periods.  Like over a year long.  Maybe that's because it can be difficult to book things within short periods of time.  Or the cost.  I feel that when you put the word "wedding" or "bridal" in front of anything, the price automatically rises by 50% or more.  Wedding photographer, wedding dress, wedding shoes, wedding cake...wedding anything.

But!  To give everyone an update, here's what I have to share.  The venue will be The Dominion House in Guthrie.



Initially, this was not my favorite venue on my list to check out...but, once I saw the grounds.  Wow...even covered in snow.  Wow.  That's all I have to say.  My mom and I fell in love.

As for my colors...



Quick little sidenote: If you are in Guthrie any time soon I have to recommend the little restaurant Granny Had One.  I went with my mom and two of my bridesmaids after my mom and I signed our lives away at The Dominion House.  It was very tasty and had a cute, little quaint atmosphere and the food was delish!  Plus, you get a souvenir cup to take home with you (kind of like the Eskimo Joe's cups-to give a reference for all you Okies).  The logo on the cup is...




If you make it to Guthrie any time soon try it!  I had their tilapia and green beans and I made a happy plate! (P.S. the green beans were da bomb!!)  One of my girls got their club sandwich and if you intend to only bite into half the height of the sandwich, go for it!  Just forewarning you!!

More updates to come, I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so glad you got that taken care of. Things seem to be going smoothly. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails