Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nice...Real Nice

People really are inconsiderate sometimes.  And it amazes me how some consider your stuff theirs and treat it like trash.  It's no big deal to them.  When I got home from my Christmas trip to Kansas I had two sets of car tracks driving THROUGH my front yard.  These tracks lead directly to my neighbor's front yard, then back out.  Obviously, they felt the need to drive through my yard to park in front of their house (not in their driveway) during this time period.  I have no idea what snow drifts looked like at my house during the storm and, who knows...perhaps there was a huge drift in front of their driveway that impassable. 

I haven't said anything to my neighbor about this yet because I was waiting to see how bad the damage was once the snow melted.  This is what it looks like.



Nice, huh?  And by the way, those footprints are from my mailman, not my neighbor coming over to apologize. 

I guess what irritates me the most is that I know the repercussions of this act.  I'm going to have to look at those tracks for THE REST OF WINTERPlus, the grass will more than likely not grow in those ruts...immediately anyway.  Unless I plant some grass seed.  And even better...when I mow, the blades on the bottoms of my lawnmower will probably get caught on the edges of the ruts.  How do I know all of this?  Well, I know that grass does not grow in the winter, first of all.  Secondly, I had a roommate when I first bought my house...while I was gone one day, she decided to park her boyfriend's SUV in my front yard.  Then, it rained.  And she attempted to drive somewhere else.  I think you get the picture. 

My neighbor appeared to be a really good neighbor before this.  But, her lack of contacting me regarding this issue irritates me.  Dang inconsiderate neighbors.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails