Friday, January 15, 2010

Crockery Pot Peach Cobbler

I was craving some cobbler and had a little bit of evaporated milk left over from a certain recipe.  I was incapable of finding two 5-7 oz. cans of evaporated milk like the two recipes called for...so I just decided to make these two things on the same night.  That way I could use the whole can all at once.  That's me using my noggin! 

You know those crock pot recipes that get forwarded around on email?  The ones where there's about a gazillion links and they all lead to different recipes that utilize your crock pot.  These recipes could be anything from brisket to meatloaf to soup to cobbler to pudding to a casserole.  Remember?  That's the one I'm referring to.  There's also an email forward that makes it's way around every holiday season that does the same thing, only with cookies.  Well, one day I was bored and decided to rifle through that crock pot email and found a few I actually was interested in trying.  This was one of them, and I have to say it's not bad!  Not as good as the made from scrach versions that I LOVE in the summer, but not a bad alternative when those home-made options are not available. 

I will say, that since fresh peaches aren't exactly in abundance during the winter, I decided to use a can of sliced peaches instead (with the juice drained, of course).  This turned out fine, but when I try this again I will use two jars.  ***Also, I had this on high for two hours and it was DONE.  Bubbling and steaming done.  So, this isn't something I would recommend leaving at home all day on low while you're at work.  It would be burnt to a crisp by the time you got home! 

Crockery Pot Peach Cobbler

3/4 c. Bisquick baking mix
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 can evaporated milk
2 tsp. butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
3 large peaches, mashed
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Lightly grease crock pot or spray with non-stick coating spray. 

In a large bowl, combine sugars and baking mix.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Stir.  Pour in margarine and milk, stir.  Mix in peaches and cinnamon, until well mixed.  Pour into crock pot. 

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. ***See notation above.

Serve warm.  Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails