Friday, January 15, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...

I'm back today after an uncomfortable dental appointment yesterday.  I had two small cavities that needed to be filled yesterday...however, one was entirely too close to a nerve.  This caused me to receive two extra shots to numb me up after attempting to drill out the second cavity.  That was fun getting a little nerve shock...twice.  Anyway, after being numb for multiple extra hours afterwards and a nice, dull headache ALL DAY I finally feel better.  Yay!  Onwards and upwards toward this wonderful three-day holiday weekend...which just also happens to be the weekend my friends and I are going to celebrate my matron of honor's birthday.  We'll be some wild and crazy girls for the next couple days!

Anyway!  Back to earlier this week...ever since I've known my fiancĂ© he's had the cute little boy haircut.  I'm talking the George Clooney, mid-90s, boyish haircut...something like this.



There's nothing wrong with that.  However, I've noticed that he's had the exact same haircut since he was about....oh, nine.  I've seen little kid pics and they're all the same.  The hair has gotten progressively shorter over time, but the virtual look is the same.  And he REFUSES to put product in it.  No gel, no balm, no spritz, no hairspray, no nothing.  A few months ago I tried to persuade him to try a little spikeyness (I know, that's not a word) or at least pushing the front bangs up...or just something.  Something to make him look like the 28-year-old he is.  All of this to no avail.  Nope, nope, nope.  He's very stubborn and I just figured, "oh well, I tried."

David gets his hair cut by the same guy EVERY TIME.  He's been going to this same guy for years and years and refuses to alter either the barber or style of cut.  Weeeelllllll, earlier this week the barber was out, but the girl that works in the same shop (for the barber/owner) was there and she cut David's hair.  Yeaaaa...have I mentioned that David isn't very vocal in public and just kinda goes with the flow?  Afterwards, he came over with his hair looking something like this.



Completely and totally freaked me out.  I don't need to tell you that David didn't like it either.  It even freaked me out when he leaned in to kiss me...this person just wasn't the same!!  So...I learned via personal experience that the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it" is very, very, very true.  I love my fiancĂ© exactly the way he is.  Please don't change!  Not even a little!  Not even your hair!  Though...I am glad that his sister and I were able to get him in some non-straight-leg jeans this summer.  But, that might be as far and experimental as we need to go...

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! My hubby recently went shaved, so he has no hair now! I miss the cute boy hair cuts on him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails