Friday, January 15, 2010

Cheesy Broccoli Tuna Bake

I was wanting to try a new casserole the other day and found this one in my recipe book.  I have no idea where I got it from because it was just on a typed-up sheet of paper with no notations...oh well, I've made a couple changes based on how this recipe turned out. 

Overall this recipe turned out well; David gave it a B+.  However, one suggestion I would make is to cut up the broccoli pieces smaller than normal (less than, say, in this pic).  These turned out a tiny bit too crisp for my taste...though David thought they were just fine.  I don't like mine mushy, but I also don't like a cooked broccoli to be crispy either.  Your choice based upon your preference!

Cheesy Broccoli Tuna Bake

6 oz. home-style egg noodles
1 11 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
1 12 1/2 oz. can tuna, drained (I always use the tuna fillet in water)
4 oz. mushrooms (optional) (I sooooo used them, yum!)
10 oz. chopped broccoli
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook noodles in boiling water for 20 minutes.  Blend soup and milk into a smooth sauce.  Add onions and mushrooms.  Drain noodles.

Layer half of noodles, then half of tuna, then half of broccoli in a 2-qt. casserole dish.  Pour in half of sauce.  Repeat layers.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Add cheese on top and bake 15 more minutes.

Makes six servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails