Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In Cold Blood


I've been really bad about keeping up with my reading rotation lately (Read: I've only been reading fiction).  But, In Cold Blood got me back in line considering it's both a classic and non-fiction.

Let me just start by saying oh my gosh, I don't know how I haven't read this before.  I grew up in Kansas and love to read non-fiction...so how have I missed this?  In Cold Blood is the meticulously researched book by Truman Capote documenting the 1959 senseless, brutal murder of an entire household in the small town of Holcomb, Kansas. 

This book is riveting, horrifying, intriguing, sad and fascinating all at the same time.  There is no slow part in the book, it kept me wanting to read more throughout.  I highly, highly, highly recommend this one.  A new favorite for my classic/non-fiction pile for sure!

P.S. I loved Truman Capote's writing style, so I will more than likely be picking up the classic Breakfast at Tiffany's sometime soon!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails