Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Frederick Douglass


I've recently read Frederick Douglass' autobiographies Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass and My Escape From Slavery.  These books are amazing when you step back and think to yourself that this really happened.  But, at the same time they're pretty dry.  I felt the same way about them as I did The Narrative of Sojourner Truth and even The Jungle.  These books needed to be written and published to share the atrocities that our society was harboring. 

I would definitely recommend these two.  They're quite short even though they are a bit dry.  I listened to them in audio, which I think helped a lot.  If you have that option, I'd definitely take it up if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails