Monday, February 1, 2010

My Book

I've talked about my recipe book before.  This is it.  Warning: I'm a little OCD...deal with it.  When it's my days (read: the nights David and I eat dinner at my house) I try to make a grocery list and go to the store to get all the ingredients beforehand. 

Yes, that's my grocery list and yes, that's a pad of paper with shoes all over it.  Have I mentioned that I love cute little girlie notepads and post-its? 

Each of those tabs is a different section of my recipe book denoting the type of food included in that section...breakfast, appetizers, soups, main dishes, side dishes, etc.  And by the way, my dessert recipes are in an entirely different binder.  Within each of these sections are my recipes, alphabetically arranged and all conveniently slipped into plastic sleeves.  This is so that when I'm cooking, no messy water spots to blur the recipe the next time around!  And do you see all of those little post-it's hanging over the side at the bottom right?  Those are all of the recipes I have NOT tried...yet.

Here is an example of a page in my book with two un-tried recipes:


Do you like that paper on the right?  My friend, Lisa, got me this cute notepad a couple years ago for Christmas.  Love it.

This is what a recipe looks like once I've already tried it.  I make little notations on the post-it, then slide the note under the plastic sleeve for future reference.  See my meatloaf recipe on the left?  Lots o' notes through my trial and error sessions!  If you haven't tried it yet, you should.  Click here for the recipe!  Yum!


Now, once I've decided what recipes I'm going to try that week, I move the post-it to the top of the book (see below).  that way, later in the week I can flip right to it!  As you can see, I'll be trying three new recipes this week.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! I'm just not that passionate about recipes yet...now, don't look in my scrapbook room. That is how I do my scrapbook page ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails