Thursday, February 11, 2010

Filler Favorites

I don't have anything to write about.  Seriously.  Not really.  So, in between my thoughts and everyday life I was trying to think of a good post.  I got nothin'.  So...since I haven't finished another book (too much wedding stuff) and haven't cooked lately (it's David's week) aaaand I haven't really had anything else to blog about...I thought I'd share some of my favorite books.  These are all books that I've read within the last few years.  Each of these books I have found very enjoyable and I'm going to attempt to place them in order of my preference...but, after the first one they're all pretty much a close second or third.  If any of these you haven't read, I highly, highly, highly, highly recommend taking some time and doing so.  Here we go:


I LOVE this book.  It has the perfect amount of suspense and has an AWESOME ending.  There are twists and turns I never saw coming and I love it when books do this.  If you haven't read this, it's a must!  It's my favorite book right now and has been for a few years.


The storyline of this book is phenomenal and there are quite a few parts that made me cry.  Few books make me cry, this one did.  And if any sad book can have a good ending, this one is it.


If you've read my blog within the past week you already know my love for this book.  Awesome writing style?  Check.  Wonderful storyline?  Check.  What else do you need?


The movie and the book are nothing alike; the movie is crud compared to the book.  I loved every second of reading this book...minus the part where she loses her virginity.  That part's just weird.  But, the rest of the book is great.  If you've just seen the movie and not read the book...they're two completely different animals and you need to properly be exposed to this story.


This book has another disconcerting virginity loss scene...imagine reading that outloud to your boyfriend while you're on a roadtrip to Yellowstone National Park.  Yea....awkward.  And that's exactly what happened to me.  I read this book aloud to David while we were on vacation.  It was a very good book...just a weird excerpt there.  Overall, two thumbs up!

And last, but definitely not least...


If you're an animal lover in any capacity, this book is beyond amazing!  This cute owl will capture your heart throughout the story of his beautiful little life.  I recommend this book for anyone with dogs, cats, horses, birds, ferrets, hamsters...or whatever, you'll have a new appreciation for animals in general after reading this book.  In fact, Stacey O'Brien's blog is one that I follow so if you want to see what she's been up to recently, simply click on the link on my sidebar under My Blog List.

Alrighty, that's about all for now...hopefully I'll have some good books and tasty recipes to share with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I totally loved The Shack, The Glass Castle and Wesley the Owl. They were all 3 awesome. I haven't read the others, so I'll have to add them to list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails