Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zucchini Quiche

I really think I need to go through and try my oldest untouched recipes.  You saw in one of my previous posts...there's a lot of post-its hanging off the side... 

Well, that wasn't why I tried this recipe, but when I looked at the post-it...well, let's just say I remember it from a loooooong time ago.  Like, as in that pad was given to me by a close friend probably five years ago.  Yikes!  It hasn't been in my book that long...my book hasn't existed for five years...but, still.

Regardless, when I first started adding new recipes to my book, I went through a lot of my mom's recipe books.  I found this recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook and...I love zucchini and I love quiche.  What more did I need to know before marking it to copy?  I tried to look it up on their website, but I couldn't find it...maybe because this recipe is probably from the 80s.  I'm sure they've altered it since then.  Plus, for whatever reason quiche seems to attract broccoli and cheese followers more than zucchini.  Oh well. 

I altered a few items, but all the ingredients are essentially the same.  Just different quantities!

Crystal's Zucchini Quiche, adapted from Southern Living circa 1980s

5 eggs
2 medium-sized zucchini, shredded
1 cup packaged biscuit mix (Bisquick)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cooking oil (canola)
6 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat eggs; stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 or 9-inch dish.




Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.  Inserted knife should come out clean when done.



Let stand for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

I cut myself a slice of this for breakfast this morning and it was quite good!  Though it's not the prettiest of pies, I highly recommend trying it!  I'll gladly be enjoying it for the rest of this week...David wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  He doesn't like quiche.  Whatever, no one's perfect.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails