Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Repost: Blueberries and Cream Pie

Today I thought I'd do something that I've never done before.  A repost!  It's interesting to look at some of the statistics for my blog from time to time.  You know, statistics was my favorite subject way back when in college, which might explain why I'm that weirdo that thinks it's interesting.  Anyway, I'm surprised sometimes to see what the most viewed posts on this blog can be.  One that has consistently been getting views again and again, ever since I posted it back in September, is this one.

The last time I went to the grocery story I happened to pick up some blueberries, enough to make this pie yet again.  So I did!  And I thought I'd re-share with you this delicious recipe that you guys seem to really like!

Check it...we've already almost eaten half of it...


Blueberries and Cream Pie
adapted from Gingerbread Bagels

Filling
3 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Crumb Topping
2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg (about 1/16th teaspoon)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour

In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and flour. Add in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.

Put the blueberries on the bottom of the crust. 

Pour the filling over the blueberries.

Now make the crumb topping. Mix together the sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.  Pour the melted unsalted butter into the bowl and mix everything together.  Add in the flour and mix until the ingredients form a crumble topping.

Crumble the crumb topping over the pie. 

Bake the pie at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Let the pie cool before cutting into slices.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails