Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?


I have never watched The Office nor have I ever really paid attention to who Mindy Kaling was/is.  So, really and truly, the only reason I picked this book up was because it was moving it's way around my book club.  And I didn't even take it, my library had it in audio (read by Mindy herself, extra bonus!).  Oh yea, and I needed a non-fiction book for my weirdo rotation (did ya think I'd given up on that rotation since my last 4 reviews have all been fiction?  Haha!).

This book is basically a semi-autobiography with some well placed humor.  I'll admit that there were parts where I think Kaling tried a little too hard for a chuckle, but overall this was a nice, breezy book.  It's quite short and I really enjoyed hearing some of her "concerns."  I also agreed with a lot of her paradigms, one being her discussion about "being skinny."  She talked about how it's important to her, but not as important as other things in her life...therefore, her weight is going to fluctuate and oh well.  I say, "right on."

I'd recommend this one if you're looking for a light, fun summer read.  You'll laugh a little and enjoy certain aspects of her philosophies.  I gave this book a solid 3 stars (out of 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails