Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Banana Sheet Cake

I don't know about you guys, but it seems like I always have some overripe bananas in my kitchen.  David eats bananas like they're going out of style...not to mention, it's one of Molly's favorite "people foods" to eat.  The girl will give you the stare down the entire time you're eating one, she loves 'em so much. But, a lot of times it's just difficult to make it through an entire cluster of 'nanners (as my stepdad always calls them).

You can freeze bananas, did you know that?  Once they start to go about half brown, that's when I throw mine in the freezer.  It's usually only one or two, not enough to really do anything with.  But, worth saving.  Most of the time I wait until I have about 6 or so in the freezer, then I make a couple of banana bread loaves.  I love my banana bread recipe (click here for it), but sometimes we get sick of banana bread...believe it or not.

The following recipe was one that was given to me at one of my wedding showers; a kitchen themed shower where everyone brought a kitchen item and included a recipe that utilized said item.  I got a lot of fantastic recipes this way, and this one is no exception.  This cake is divine and soooo easy.

Banana Sheet Cake

Prepare a yellow cake mix per package directions except reduce the water by 1/4 cup.

Add 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and 2-3 bananas.


Bake in a sheet cake pan (that was my gift!) per cake mix instructions.

Frosting:

Cream together - 3 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

Enjoy!


OMG, this cake is indescribably good.  Every time I make it David always makes appreciative grunting noises while he's consuming it (needless to say, it's a Dave's Fave).  Then, he usually says, "Ahhhh, yea, I remember this recipe.  Good stuff."  Try it, you won't regret it! (And you'll use up those pesky browning bananas languishing on your counter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails