Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Death on the Nile


I'm starting to get why everyone was so enraptured with Agatha Christie.  She really does know how to write a good book!  I really enjoy that her books are short, quick reads that also have a decent complexity in both character development and plot progression.

Death on the Nile is one of Christie's more popular books, it's even been converted into play and movie form.  The main premise surrounds the death of the young Mrs. Linnet Doyle, who is on an Egyptian honeymoon with her new husband.  Linnet's husband is the former fiancĂ© of one of her best friends...who happens to be "stalking" them throughout their honeymoon.  The infamous Hercule Poirot happens to be onboard the same Egyptian cruise and sets to investigating this intriguing case.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this one.  Even more than The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.  I never knew who the murderer was up until the very end and, honestly, I was a bit surprised by the end result.  Needless to say, I would highly recommend this Agatha Christie mystery.  Though, I will admit that I feel a little bit like an old lady while reading these Agatha Christie books, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails