Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crystal's Crafty

 Today I thought I'd give you a little update on all that I'm working on up in the craft room.  Here's a peek at what my table looked like earlier this week.  I spent a lot of time this past weekend cutting fabric into the patterns I wanted to sew in the foreseeable future.  I also decided to start cutting some nine patches out of my scraps, hence the little stack of squares.  If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize the fabric on the top right pile...those two table runners turned out beautifully.


Remember last week when I showed you this pattern?  Well, I sewed all the blocks together...and Molly's not impressed.  At all.  But, it looks pretty good.  These aren't my favorite colors, but they look a lot better in person than they do in the picture.  There's something about this oriental fabric that just doesn't shine through in these pictures.

This quilt top turned out pretty small, but I think it might make a nice table topper or perhaps wall hanging.  We'll see...for now it gets to go in my to-be-quilted pile!


Next up, I decided to try out this pattern, which this style of quilt block is commonly referred to as "log cabin."  I have to say, I love these fabrics and how these blocks are coming together.  I can't wait to see them all together!


Here's just a small peek at my stash of pre-cuts.  I got a lot more the other day, but these beauties will be made into something pretty soon!  And Molly was dyyyyying to lay on them, in case you can't tell.  Naughty girl.


Don't worry, I haven't given up crochet...in fact, I might have went a little overboard the other day.  This top picture is all the clearance yarn I bought...I mean, cheap!  So, it only made sense that I snatch it all up, right?  The second pic is some baby yarn that I intend to experiment with very soon.  Maybe a new style of baby blanket is in store...


Well, I hope you enjoyed my little crafty update...hopefully, I'll have something super exciting to show you again in the near future.  Have a fantastic Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails