Friday, March 19, 2010

Carrot Cake Pancakes

I decided to try a "different" kind of breakfast item this past weekend.  I didn't really know what I was in the mood for, until I saw this recipe.  This is a blog I follow, Multiply Delicious, and she's always coming up with some tasty treats.  To read her blog click here.  This recipe is very good...just look at the pancake batter...


And pretty once you start cooking them up!


Here is the finished product.  The recipe states that it makes six pancakes; when I made them I was able to cook up four large pancakes (partially pictured below).


This recipe really does taste like carrot cake...only in pancake form.  And I love carrot cake...the only thing missing was the cream cheese frosting.  These pancakes were nice for a change and didn't have a strong carrot-y flavor.  David wasn't too fond of them, but he didn't dislike them either.  Though, carrot isn't his favorite vegetable either...his favorite vegetables all have one thing in common.  They're all green.  Not orange.  Eh, you can't win 'em all.  If you're in the mood for something a little different, try these!  They're good, trust me. ::wink::

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails