Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Dab of Scrapbooking

In the past, I've mentioned how I'm a member of Junior Hospitality Club.  I've met some great women through this club and couldn't be happier that my friend, Natalie, finally twisted my arm enough to get me to join.  This is my second year serving the community through this club and I'm looking forward to next year serving on the board as treasurer! 

Before I get too ahead of myself I need to worry about finishing this year, which will come to an end with a bang at our May Giveaway/75th Anniversary next Thursday.  At this event we will be presenting our grant recipient with their...get this...grant monies.  And to top it off, this year is our 75th Anniversary and we will have an extra, super duper, big celebration for that!!  Exciting stuff!! 

I have a big project to complete prior to this fun-filled evening...this year I have served as historian.  Basically, what this means is that I need to make sure to photograph most, if not all, events and compile a scrapbook to present to the club at this event, May Giveaway.  This scrapbook chronicles the club's activities for that year. 

My goal at the beginning of this year was to attend every event and photograph each...however, life got in the way and I wasn't able to do that.  Luckily, the chaplain of our club is also responsible for making a scrapbook to present to the president at the end of her term as well.  Naturally, the historian and chaplain work closely regarding both scrapbooks.  Between the two of us, we've been able to photograph 83% of what we needed to...what we weren't able to Nicole did, as she is in charge of the blog and does a fantabulous job! 

Today, I was able to finish cutely cutting all the photographs I will be assembling in the scrapbook.  Kelsie, my friend and the JH chaplain, and I spent a good part of an evening earlier this week working on page backgrounds with cute stickers and other additions.  Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to finish arranging all the photos and just worry about adding cuties here and there throughout.  I'm really excited to see how this project turns out! 

Then...when I'm done...I'm on to making a quilt scrapbook for my mom!  She's made so many to date that she's asked me to help her account for them all through a scrapbook.  I can't wait!  That might have to wait until after the wedding though...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the scrapbook! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails