Monday, April 19, 2010

Baked Asparamagus

To give my meal a healthy kick I decided to try an asparagus recipe my mother had suggested a while back.  It's super simple, but I have to admit...it was only OK.  And part of this is my fault...I'll try and do better next time around. 

All you do is preheat your oven to 300 degrees, sprinkle some olive oil and seasonings on top of your asparagus, then bake for 15 minutes.  Finally, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.


Looks good, right?  Meh.  I used Italian seasoning to "match" my main dish and used up the last of my parmesan cheese with that...sooooo, I used Swiss to top off my asparagus.  At the time, it sounded better than cheddar or colby-jack.  It was OK, but next time I'll try to use some actual veggie seasoning and parmesan cheese. 

I'll report back when I re-try this simple recipe...and just so you know, David likes to call asparagus "asparamagus."  Don't be surprised if I do that from time to time as well, as it's rubbing off on me...just in case you were wondering about my blog title. ::wink, wink:: 

Do you have a little nickname for some of your favorite dishes whether they be sides or main courses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails