Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Updates!

Today I thought I'd give you a mish mash of updates.  Speaking of updates, you've probably already noticed this, but I updated the look of my blog.  I kinda felt like it was time and I wanted something cleaner, brighter and simpler.  I also cleaned up my sidebar a bit and created a couple of tabs across the top.  I intend to create a couple more in time, but what you see is what I've accomplished thus far.  I like it and hope you do too.

First off, I was wondering what YOU were liking most about my blog.  I have a nifty little poll that I've created on the sidebar.  So, if you'd please fill out the poll and submit it, I'd greatly appreciate it.  And who knows, I might blog more about whatever the most popular answer turns out to be.

I told you guys a little while back about my intentions for these letters.


Well, I'm happy to say that both projects have been completed!  Here's what my "Z" looks like now, all done up and on display in my living room.

 

As I stated in my last update regarding these ideas, I took photocopies of our marriage license and covered the wooden letter so that it was completely encased in the paper.  I really like how it turned out and I'm displaying it with a wooden picture easel.

Next up, the wash letters!  I loved how this looked on the pin and spray painted my letters a similar silver color.


 

They turned out looking really cute and shiny.  However, once I hung them, I realized that because they're so shiny, the dark grey/silver color of our washer reflects a smidge off the "h."  So, the other letters don't look like the same color as the "h" sometimes, but it's just a trick of the lighting.  Funny how things can turn out in real life, haha!

To show this discrepancy with the lighting, I'll show you a picture with the camera flash and one without. 






Regardless, I love the way it looks.  I had really been looking for something to hang in this spot because otherwise the laundry room looks so cold and sterile.  I really think this adds a little bit of "umph" to the room and makes it homier.

Work on the craft room is slowly, but surely coming along.  I realized the other day, while sitting at my table, that the window faces the setting sun in the evening.  And what a beautiful sunset I got!  The pictures are a little distorted from the screen over the window, but I think you get the idea.



While I was up there, one of the things I did was emptying out all my crafting tubs and sewing box.  And lookie what I found.  My great-grandmother, before she died, made me a bible cover as well as two doll blankets.  What a find that I had totally forgotten about!  The purple post-it located in the bible cover pocket was my mom notating the details of the items.  These went into my in cedar chest immediately for safe-keeping.

 

I vaguely remember my great-grandmother, who died when I was around 8 or 9.  And I always remember her working on something for someone.  She made a ton of stuff, I'm lucky to have gotten these treasures before she passed.

Well, that's all I have to update you with at the present time.  I hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday!

P.S. My friend, Nicole, is having a giveaway on her blog today.  So, you should go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails