Monday, August 6, 2012

Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp

I know this is going to be a complete and utter shock, but I tried yet another Pioneer Woman recipe from her new cookbook.  Really, I'm not kidding. 

Seriously though, what did you expect?  Haha!

This recipe is quite good and quite simple.  Just the way I like it!

First, peel and rinse off your shrimp.  Then, arrange them on a baking sheet, preferably one with a lip around the edges.  There's going to be a little bit of sauce, so you don't want it to drip over the edges while baking.

Then, in a food processor combine butter, garlic, fresh parsley, crushed red pepper and the juice of one lemon.  Pulse.  Tada!

 

Then, just plop a spoonful on top of each little shrimp.


 

Bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes and they come out looking and smelling delicious.  The PW says you can use a good crusty bread to sop up the juice in the pan...we didn't do that.  I'm trying to reduce my carb intake because since I've turned 30 the carbs seem to go straight to my hips.  Now, why is that?  It's so unfair.  Regardless, you can do that if you please, but we just had our shrimp with a little corn salad I whipped up.


 

And yes, I know that corn is predominately carbs too, but at least this is an attempt at healthiness, right?  These little shrimp are delicious and will definitely be worthy of a repeat!  Yum, my mouth is watering just remembering these from the picture.

I highly recommend!  For the printable (and prettier pictures), just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails