Thursday, August 2, 2012

Roasted Ribs

OK, so yesterday I decided to prepare ribs for the first time ever.  I'm always a little leery of making BBQ because we don't have a smoker and David's not the type to use our grill for that purpose.  BUT, I saw this recipe forever ago on the Pioneer Woman's website (shocker, I know) that looked absolutely divine.  Then, earlier this week there was a big case of baby back ribs for sale in the grocery store...and I thought why not?

You start out by mixing up your rub (my bowl is at the top of the pic below) and then rubbing mustard (I used a spicy brown mustard) on both sides of the ribs.

 

Then, you rub the rub (haha!) all over both sides of the ribs.


 

That's pretty much it.  The recipe says you can let this sit for a bit or you can pop them right in the oven.  I threw mine in the fridge and ran some errands for a couple hours.  And then my fridge smelled heavenly the rest of the night.

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and place the ribs directly on the top rack with your foil-covered drip pan underneath.  I accidentally put mine in meat-side down first, that's why mine have little crevices in the rub.  Oops!

 

Then, let 'em go.  The recipe states 1 1/2 to 2 hours for baby back ribs, so I cooked mine for the full two hours.  And man o' man did the house smell delicious, not to mention the ribs sure were pretty coming out of the oven.  Let them rest for about 15 minutes, then cut the ribs up into individual pieces.

 

I paired mine with a delicious salad that I've semi-recreated from Longhorn Steakhouse; they have a fantastic Steakhouse BLT Salad.  All you need to have on hand to mix up this salad is: some greens (I love spinach) with Caesar dressing and a splash of balsamic vinegar, sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, sliced bacon and some Parmesan cheese.  Because we were having ribs, I didn't feel the need for bacon and I also omitted the cheese.  The real star of this salad is the vinegar and dressing combo.  Seriously, it's wonderful.  Here's my plate...and I miiiight have gone back for one (or two) more ribs once I polished off what's pictured.

 

This will definitely be a new favorite in our house.   You wouldn't believe the moans and grunts coming out of my husband while he was devouring these ribs.  I think a new Dave's Fave has entered the building!

FYI, there are alterations in this recipe that include adding sauce...these really don't need sauce, but if that's your kinda thing, go for it!  For the printable, just click here!

*Note to self: need to purchase Pam Anderson's cookbook because I've already utilized her baked beans recipe numerous times and this makes two fabulous outcomes with her recipes!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails