Friday, November 19, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I am normally a total "back of the can" or "back of the box" recipe kinda girl.  And I guess you could say this one is a "back of the can" recipe...even though I searched for it on the internet...  Last weekend my mother-in-law and I were wanting to make a pumpkin pie and I had everything in the house except the evaporated milk.  If you have ever read and/or used the back of the Libby's pumpkin can recipe, then you know evaporated milk is one of the necessary ingredients.  Who wants to go to the grocery store for ONE item?  Seriously?  No one. 

What did I have in my pantry that miiiight work?  Eagle Brand.  You know that super yummy sweetened condensed milk...mmmm...  So, I looked on the Eagle Brand website for their recipe for pumpkin pie.  And we made it.  And it was awesome.  Tasted just like the Libby's recipe.  If you're like me and forget to purchase evaporated milk this holiday season...or if ::gasp:: your grocery store is out of it, try this recipe.  It's quite good!

P.S. I've had quite a few requests for my pie crust recipe...I'll reveal this early next week so you can try it out for Thanksgiving!


1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)

1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

Heat oven to 425°F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.
 
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails