Friday, November 19, 2010

My Name Is Memory

This past weekend I finished My Name Is Memory, by Ann Brashares.  I had been looking forward to reading this for months and it did not disappoint.

This is a love story that transcends generations and lives.  Daniel remembers his past lives each and every time.  In every life Daniel finds his "Sophia" and his love for her grows more yet, even though she never remembers him.  Within this book the two get closer than they have in the 1,200 years they have both lived.

In this life, Sophia is reborn as Lucy and in her high school years Lucy feels this unexplainable yearning to be near Daniel.  The couple goes through a series of near misses through their early adulthood, but in the end...even though they are thwarted by a previous life's nemesis (the former brother of Daniel and husband of Sophia)...the two find each other. 

This is very much a typical, sweet, slightly-predictable love story.  Very light reading and Brashares left it wide open for a sequel.  If I were giving it a grade, I would give it a solid "B."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails