Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dr. Pepper Cake

I finally made it.  This is one of those recipes that has sat in my recipe book for weeks...or maybe months.  But, I just haven't had an occasion to give it a whirl.  We had a "food day" at work a few weeks ago and I decided that was a good enough reason. 

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this cake is more like fudge than a cake...with a little crispiness to the icing.  It was great.  And did I mention it tastes nothing like Dr. Pepper?  I think that was what deterred me from trying it sooner...being that David and I don't drink pop.  Of any sort.  I know, we're weird like that. 

You should try it...for the recipe please click here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you had coke cake? I have several times I bet it about the same, it makes is super moist! yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also use Sprite or 7-up for a white or yellow cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails