Thursday, October 3, 2013

My First...

If you follow me on Instagram, you might already kinda sorta know about this quilt.  A few weeks ago, I posted this picture of the finished quilt top, complete with Molly's bored expression in the background.


This is the first time I have ever completed a real, normal-sized quilt from start to finish. 

I've been playing on the long arm quite a bit and I felt comfortable enough to try a real quilt, though only one either I or my mother would keep.  I'd muuuuch rather screw up my own stuff than someone else's.  For sure.

So, I did a mixture of meandering (on the neutrals, center section) and swirls (on the colorful, border section).


I learned a ton more about my machine, the rolling, the tension...pretty much everything...while finishing this guy.  I like how it turned out, even though this type of quilt isn't my normal "style."  I'm more girly than this, in case you didn't already know.


I don't think I'll actually use this one, rather I'm planning on hanging it in my craft room to look and ponder from time to time.  The more I do this and get the hang of it, the more I think I'll enjoy looking at this quilt.  My first, complete with all the errors and learning curves only I can really see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails