Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crystal's Still Here!

 Things have been pretty busy around mi casa as of late... 

This past Saturday was my birthday and I got to celebrate with most all of my favorite friends and family.  In case you're wondering, it was pretty fantastic.  I got to see both of my grandmas, all three of my parents, both of my "extra moms" aaaaand got to pick my husband up from the airport (after he had been away on business multiple states away for the previous 8 days).

In addition to getting presents, my favorite homemade cake from my auntie, I also got these beautiful flowers.  The pic on the left is when they first arrived, the one on the right is today.  They just keep getting prettier and prettier. 



On another note, I made a big stride since my last book review post.  You know how my goal is for all of my to-read books (not borrowed, though) to fit on my bookshelf nightstand?  As of a week or so ago, all of the ones I have to read by the end of the year fit!  We won't discuss the borrowed pile (partially on top of and mostly below the shelf) or my stash that I've already purchased for next year.  Hey, it's baby steps, right?  And yes, I know I have a bookish obsession.  But, everyone has their thing, right?



Also, I've been working a little bit on the long arm.  Yesterday I was able to start and finish quilting this balloon quilt.  It still needs to have the binding attached (it's in that plastic bag to the left), but the majority of this quilt is done!  I'll share what the end result looks like soon!


In the meantime, I'm in a mad dash to finish all of my Halloween projects.  I have a couple of table runners that I'm making out of the fabric in this pic, which you might have already seen on my Instagram.


Plus, I loaded up my mom's Halloween quilt on the long arm before I went to bed last night.  I'll hopefully finish it either today or tomorrow...fingers crossed!


We're getting ready to enter the busiest time of the year...holiday season!  Here's to hoping we all make it through unscathed, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails