Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Blossoms

Yea, so I made these cookies yesterday.


I love making cute stuff.  And my husband is a sucker for cute sweets too.  These cookies are actually inspired by these cookies, which I think everyone and their dog has pinned on Pinterest.  Including myself.  No lie though, I did make those cookies at Christmas time as our presents for our neighbors.  We got lots of praise all around for them.  So, basically I'm telling you that I knew this recipe was proooobably going to be a success yet again. 

Halloween Blossoms
adapted from Candy Cane Blossoms, cookie recipe is from Hershey's

1 bag Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Seasonally appropriate sprinkles or colored sugar

Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.



Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended.

I have a confession to make.  When a recipe calls for "softened butter" and I don't feel like waiting around for an hour or so...I just nuke it for a tiny bit. 

I totally did that for these cookies.  OK, great.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.



These sprinkles were actually the reason why I decided to make these cookies.  I found them in the dollar section of Target.  Can we just pause for a second and talk about how wonderful that little part of the store can be?  It totally sucks me in every time.  But anyway, both of these sprinkle containers...a buck each.  How awesome is that?



Shape dough into 1 inch balls...I scooped mine out with my handy, dandy cookie scoop, then rolled them up into a nice little ball.  Then, rolled them around in one of the two sprinkle containers.





Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set.
 


While the cookies are baking I unwrap the necessary number of Hershey's kisses.

Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.

Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.



This recipe supposedly yields 35 cookies...I got 22.  But, that's all dependent on how big you scoop out your cookies.

Enjoy!  We sure have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails