Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Funday

I thought I'd round out this week with two things that made me smile.

One, we finally got the long arm assembled!!  Woohoo!!

In case you're lost as to what a long arm is, it's a huuuge machine that's basically just a larger sewing machine placed on a frame to sew quilts together.  When you get to the point where you've finished a quilt top, you place that, some batting and a backing together and sew a pretty design all over it and ta-da, you're 95% done with your quilt (the last 5% is attaching a binding). 

Here it 'tis!  I've been playing on this thing off and on all week.  It's hard and easy at the same time.  I just need practice, practice, practice!



Next, David planted some miniature pumpkins and gourds this year.  I love to decorate with them during the fall and because of that we decided to give them a go in the garden.  Aren't they the cutest?!


Happy Friday ya'll; have a super, fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails