Friday, October 12, 2012

Cornbread Stuffed Peppers

So, this past week I decided that I really needed to use up all the vegetables that my in-laws left with us from their garden.  I saw this pin and thought this was a really good idea...only instead of using jalapenos, I'd use the big green peppers my FIL gave us.



So, I started out with the four beautiful peppers and mixed the cornbread mixture together. 

The cornbread mixture is super easy...I just used Jiffy and mixed up the batter according to the box's instructions.  Then, you add one cup of corn (I used frozen) and one cup of shredded cheddar cheese. 


Next, you want to cut the peppers open length-wise and remove the seeds and membranes.  Then stuff the cornbread mixture into the peppers.  And sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.


Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cornbread is cooked through and puffy.  I made these on the same night that I made my famous stuffed peppers (a definite Dave's Fave).  So, it was truly a "stuffed pepper night."


I really liked this recipe, but I think next time I'll use my MIL's corn casserole recipe and just stuff that inside the peppers.  It has a creamier consistency...plus David grew up with it and might be slightly jaded to it's flavor.

While this was a recipe I'll be amending for future consumption, I'd definitely say this was a winning food pin on Pinterest!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails