Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Witches' Fingers

I pinned this recipe the other day on Pinterest and didn't realize that's what it's actually called, witches' fingers. 



I just thought they looked good...so I decided to try them out.  It wasn't until I clicked on the blog post via Pinterest to see if there were any special instructions on how to construct these little guys that I noticed the title.  This name is kind of gross, but when it's near Halloween?  Why not?

I decided to make my own for lunch today.  The original recipe says to toss the avocados in lemon or lime juice and to use salt, pepper and chili powder.  Since I was eating these immediately, I didn't do any of that.  But, if you want to make these for a party or if you're not going to be scarfing them immediately, I suggest you follow her recipe (click here).

I started out by slicing and scooping out my avocado slices.


Then, I ripped some prosciutto slices in half, laid them on the cutting board.  One at a time, I stuffed the avocados slices with goat cheese and placed them on the end of a prosciutto slice.


Roll 'em up and arrange them on a plate.

 

Enjoy!  These were quite delicious.  When you combine the saltiness of the prosciutto, the creaminess of the avocado and the tartness of the cheese...mmmm, divine.  I highly recommend these, but only if you have foodie friends that enjoy this kinda thing.  David would never like this nor would a few of my less-than-adventurous friends I'm thinking of right now.  

I will definitely be making this quick and dirty lunch again...so easy to throw together!  The only thing I would change is the size of the slices of prosciutto.  I'll definitely be ripping/slicing skinnier pieces next time so that the meat goes a little farther and doesn't overwhelm the other two ingredients as much.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails