Friday, September 21, 2012

Quick Update!

I've been a bit MIA recently...sorry about that.  David and I took our (somewhat) yearly vacation last week.  I had intended on blogging a day or two before our departure date, but between preparing the house and packing...things just didn't wind up that way. 

Does anyone else clean their house from top to bottom before a big trip?  My mom taught me to do that because, let's face it, what's worse than coming home to a dirty house from a vacation when you're exhausted (but happily so) and all you want to do is crawl in your own bed and sleep off the non-stop fun you've had?  It's so much nicer to come home to a clean house and crawl right into bed, no?

While on our vacation we read two books that I'll be super excited to share with you next week.  I like to read aloud (weird, I know) and so when we were in the car I read aloud to David.  He only likes to read non-fiction and so we had a few selections for the trip and managed to pound out two of them.  Both were great and I'll be sharing reviews soon!

This weekend encompasses four birthdays in our family: my dad (today!), my grandmother, David's mom and my niece (the last 3 all on the same day!).  So, we'll be busy living it up this weekend...and I'll share the recipes I've prepared for these celebrations next week.

Stay with me...we'll be back to our regular programming next week!  I'll leave you with a pic from the car while David and I were on vacation!


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you read outloud. I cannot stand to read outloud...it's exhausting, not to mention I would be completely carsick!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails