Friday, July 20, 2012

Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

I have a favorite pulled pork recipe and David has another.  So, I tend to go back and forth between the two when we run out of what I end up freezing.  This one is MY favorite because it's got a nice zing to it.  This recipe is the Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded/Pulled Pork recipe.  If you'd like to see her pretty pictures and view the printable recipe, simply click here.

This past Sunday, I threw this pork butt in the oven on our way out the door, headed towards church.  When we came home, the house was already smelling divine.  After slow cooking for about seven hours, I pulled it out of the oven and it looked like this.


Trust me, this stuff smells like heaven.  At this point, I start to carefully removed sections of the pork in order to shred it.  Oh yea, and separate the fatty bits.  Here's the pan I shredded the meat in, the upper right-hand corner is all fat.  Ewwww....


After all that shredding, I like to throw the meat back in the pot so it can continue to soak up those juices.

 

After a good little bit of soaking, it's suppa time!  I like to include some avocado with a dollop of sour cream on my pork tacos!  And what kinda summertime Mexican plate would it be without a little bit of salsa?



After we were done stuffing our faces with this deliciousness, I packed up the pork.  Most of it went into food storage bags (via our Food Saver), but I also set aside enough for leftovers for the next couple days in a plastic container.


Now, we'll be fully prepared to have pork tacos any night we'd like, at least for the near future.  Try this recipe out, it's super easy and super yummy!  Again, for the printable, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails