Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sausage and Broccolini Risotto

When I was in OKC last week I didn't get to eat very healthfully.  And I hate that.  Take a girl (me) that eats in my own kitchen for virtually EVERY meal anymore and plop her into an eat-out-every-meal situation.  Yea, no dice.  We were so busy packing and riffling and deciding that the only time I took pause was when my stomach went, "ROAR, GURGLE, ROAR!" 

My aunt's kitchen wasn't fully stocked since she lived alone and we were trying to empty her house, so there was no point in running to the store for "fixins" to attempt to prepare a meal.  So, it was then that a quick trip to Chick-Fil-A, Arby's, Wendy's or wherever was in order.  I cannot tell you how glad I was to be able to cook a relatively healthy meal out of my own kitchen again.  The first night I was home I made this and it was bliss.  I've cooked this recipe a handful of times and it's pretty darn tasty, not to mention a simple-to-make risotto.  If you want to give this recipe a go, you can print 'er out by simply click here.  And might I add that this recipe reheats well for leftovers?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails