Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Regular" Pizza

Last week I made pizza.  Twice.  The PW basic pizza crust makes two crusts, therefore we always have pizza twice in one time frame.  When it came around time to make the second pizza, I intended to make this one.  David loves it (what man doesn't love BBQ?), but I guess he's tired of it...he asked for "regular" pizza.  Even in my short period of being married, I know this is one of those times when you're supposed to read your spouse's mind.  And if you get it wrong, there are dire consequences.  So, rather than guess at what "regular" pizza is, I asked him to drop by the grocery store on his way home from work that day and get "regular" toppings.  This made for a very happy husband, toppings-wise. 

Now, the challenge was to find the perfect pizza sauce.  I had the crust and toppings, but what to smack between them?  I found this recipe by simply googling "pizza sauce" and perusing the search results.  This is from the allrecipes.com website.  I tweaked it a tiny bit, but the result was quite tasty. 

Regular Pizza

To start, prepare a pizza crust.  Here (scroll to the bottom of the page) is my ol' standby and it comes out perfect every time.  Good ol' P-Dub.

Now for the pizza sauce...

Exquisite Pizza Sauce
modified from allrecipes.com

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp honey
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste

In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt.  Mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.


Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors.  Spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.


So are you prepared to see what David considers "regular" pizza?  Well, we start off with some yummy veggies...


I would have been happy to pile on the cheese at this point...but, my "something's gotta die" husband had to add some meat.  He decided instead of sausage to slice up some cooked brats to go alongside some pepperoni.


But, hey...I didn't realize this until after I'd already piled them on.  David did try to be a little healthy in that he purchased turkey pepperoni.  It was quite good, actually!


Here's the final product after I baked it at 400 degrees until the crust browned and cheese melted (approximately 20 minutes).


Can we say yum??  This "regular" pizza will be making a repeat appearance around this house soon!  Try out the crust and sauce.  Both are scrumptious, then load up your favorite toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails