Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big Changes...Coming Soon!

I've been quite...quiet lately.  And I've been quiet because I've been trying to figure out what our (David's and mine) life will be like in the very near future.  I know that I alluded to some changes in a previous post, but recently those changes have become more than rumblings. 

To be blunt, David's job is transferring him out of state.  This is a temporary move...when I say temporary, I mean approximately two years.  So, depending upon your definition of temporary that term may or may not seem appropriate. 

Regardless, we're leaving...for a while anyway.  And the date is approaching...even though we don't know the actual date yet.  A couple months out.  And I've officially given notice at my place of business.  As of the end of this month I'm out...adios!  One of my co-workers thought it would be a funny joke to come in the following day and say, "Haha, just kidding!  I wasn't really quitting!"  This would be a great April Fool's joke, but I think I'll pass on giving everyone a heart attack.

So, where are we going?  You're probably dying to know, right?  Well, our future temporary home will be located in San Antonio.  Approximately ten hours away from my family and thirteen hours away from David's.  Yea, this has gone over well...not.  But, like me, everyone wants what's best for David's career and we're all excited for what new opportunities arise based upon the new experiences he will gain.


Pray for a smooth and easy transition for us!

5 comments:

  1. I am sad and happy at the same time! I will be excited to still be in your life via your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like Nicole...sad for me and happy for you. hehehe I know we will still see you and the 2 years will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what? Nooooooo.... what???

    I'm not approving this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers to you and David!!!! Wow, change is scary, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It'll take time to adjust, but I think there is an exciting adventure waiting for you both. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the move! And, yet, I was going to let you know I'm hoping to come visit OKC in November with my fiance! :-( But, best wishes in San Antonia--a new experience and change of pace should be fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails