Friday, March 11, 2011

Shuffling Up My Walk

Right now is one of my favorite times of the year.  Why?  I love to walk at the park and shed those recently gained winter month pounds.  You know, those pounds you gained from Thanksgiving and Christmas and being locked up in your house from snow days. 

I have an elliptical at home, but it's just not the same as a fun walk in the park.  First of all, how many times have you actually used that clothes hanger...errr, I mean piece of exercise equipment since you bought it?  Riiiight...that's just about everyone.  Actually going to the park makes me more accountable because I'm making that extra effort PLUS, I can't just jump off the track at any point.  I have to actually make it all the way around the track before I can get in my car to drive home.  At home, it's so easy to just say, "Ehhh, that's good enough" and hop off.

When I lived back at my old single abode, I had this great walking track nearby that was 1.5 miles.  I'd lap it a couple times at first, then would add an additional lap per week until I made it up to 9 miles.  I really miss that park, but I found one almost as nice up in my new married neck o' the woods.  This track is 2.8 miles and I'm lovin' it already.  Last night I walked one and a half laps (there's a trail back to the parking lot once you make it to the 1.5 marker) and I feel great today! 



One blog post a friend of mine did a while back was sharing their work-out mix.  This is a pretty common thing to post as I've seen it on a few other blogs as well.  However, like my friend, I tend to keep my iPod on shuffle a lot...having 1,246 songs gives me a pretty random mix.  What's funny is, I am totally all over the place with my music selection...I have everything from country to 80's to pop to rock to even some gospel and some of my mom's 70's easy listening.  Music tells you a lot about a person...and I guess I'm a spasdic weirdo.  So, here's last night's random mix, let me know what you think...

Wild West Show - Big/Rich
Heart of Glass - Blondie
Winner at a Losing Game - Rascal Flatts
Lips of An Angel - Hinder
When I'm Gone - 3 Doors Down
U + Ur Hand - P!nk
Never Gonna Feel That Way Again - Kenny Chesney
All I Want to Do - Sugarland
One More Girl - The Wreckers
It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
My Immortal - Evanescence
Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith
Sleep Tonight - Tim McGraw
Crush - David Archuleta
Break of Dawn - Michael Jackson
By The Way - Hinder

I might share again in the future if you guys like seeing my weirdo shuffles.

Now, here's a question for you...do you throw your iPod on shuffle or do you have a specific "work-out" mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails