Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole

Here's a quick and easy recipe that I made on Tuesday night.  I clipped this recipe out of a coupon book in the Sunday paper a looooooong time ago.  This is a Campbell's Soup recipe and it's a nice and healthy alternative to most casseroles with a good amount of flavor. 

Of course, I made a few alterations and one addition.  The addition wasn't healthy, but hey...it was good.  Maybe if I had used turkey bacon I could still say we were trying to be reallllly healthy...but I didn't.  However, the three bites of bacon in my serving didn't kill me or my waistline.

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole
Revised from Campbell's version (changes in red)

1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup (I used the 98% Fat Free version)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used a little more, about 3/4 cup each of frozen peas and frozen corn)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I boiled then cubed two chicken breasts)
2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained (I used whole grain thin spaghetti)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 strips of bacon, cooked

1. Stir soup, milk, black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, vegetables, chicken and noodles in 1 1/2-qt. casserole dish.  Top with cooked, crumbled bacon.

2. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.  Stir.

3. Top with Cheddar cheese.

Makes four servings.

David and I polished this off last night.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails