Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Angels & Demons


I just recently finished Angels & Demons.  This book was written prior to The Da Vinci Code (2000 vs. 2003), though I'm not sure if it just didn't get as much attention when it was published because the movies were released in reverse order.  Regardless, I wanted to read this novel after enjoying The Da Vinci Code.  Plus, I like to come full circle with books that have an ongoing plot-line with the same characters.

In a nutshell, the novel is about Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra attempting to keep a secret society, the Illuminati, from destroying Vatican City...during a papal conclave.  That really was a short blurb, ha!

I will say that I enjoyed this book, though probably not as much as The Da Vinci Code...and I don't know if that's because I saw the movie first or not.  There's a twist in the end and because I knew the twist was coming...  Who knows.  I liked it and if you haven't read it or seen the movie I would definitely recommend it.  But, also definitely read The Da Vinci Code!  And as always, both books are better than the movies...but, we always know that's how that goes...

Now I'm on to read The Lost Symbol, the final book in this series...or at least for now.  I'm not sure if there's going to be another...anyone know?

1 comment:

  1. I read that awhile ago, and liked it, despite the fact that I'm a Christian and it can be kind of critical of religions. My friend watched the movie and loved it, though I've only watched the first one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails