Monday, July 12, 2010

Books Transformed Into Movies

This past Wednesday my friend Susan and I went to go see the summer blockbuster of 2010, Eclipse!  We absolutely loved it!  Here's a pic of how dorky we were in the theater...


I brought Susan's copy of Eclipse back to her and she had bought us tiny lunch pails with our respective "teams" on them.  That's me on the right, Team Jacob, and Susan is a die-hard Team Edward on the left!  And of course, we had to watch the movie in style, up in the Warren Theater balcony.  So, that's our dinner menu you see underneath the book.  We both always get the same thing, the chicken penne Alfredo.  Sooo bad for you, but we only go to the Warren every once in a while!  A splurge from now and then can't be that bad, riiiight? 

If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend!  Tons of great action and I feel that this movie stayed closer to the storyline than the previous two have.  Other Twilight readers agree?

Moving right along, there are two movies that I canNOT wait to see.  Of course, these are books that I've enjoyed and encourage you to read before the movies are released. 

First up is my seeester's favorite book, Eat, Pray, Love.  This wasn't my favorite book of all time, but I did enjoy it.  I've known a few people that couldn't get "into" the storyline and I have to admit that I had to push myself through the India section (the middle/second of three sections).  But, if you can get to the last section...very good book!  Here's the preview:


Next up is the one I'm really looking forward to, Water for Elephants

 

I loved, loved, loved this book and can't wait to see how it is transformed onto the silver screen...too bad we'll have to wait until next year!  Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon are the stars and I'm confident they'll both do a great job. I haven't seen Robert Pattinson in anything non-Twilight related, but hope he has staying power. And Reese? I love Reese. What can I say, other than the fact that, like most girls, I love chick flicks and Reese has certainly earned notoriety in that arena...and will continue to do so in the very near future...

If you haven't read either of these two novels, do so before the movies come out!  You won't regret it!

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails