Friday, June 4, 2010

Finally, Finally, Finally!

This is my house...wait, scratch that...WAS my house.  It is finally sold.  Finally!

Isn't it a cute little house?  This house has been so good to me and I will never regret a day of living in it. 

I bought this house the April prior to graduating from college in May of 2004.  Six-plus years ago.  Wow. 

I was still working as a teller at a bank and I'm not quite sure how I was able to afford it then.  I probably really couldn't because I needed a roommate and was only working part-time.  Honestly, it was probably my connections at this bank that got it done for me, otherwise it would have never happened.

This selling experience has been on intense ordeal.  The gentleman that bought this house from me is a veteran and is receiving a VA loan.  All the paperwork is that much more cumbersome, not to mention the fact that appraisals and loans are getting more scrutiny now after the mortgage industry fall-out the past few years.  He's also receiving that lovely tax credit from the government because we closed prior to the end of this month.  The appraisal seemed to take forever to get done and turned in plus the lender has been slow moving the paperwork through.  Aren't paperpushers supposed to be good at pushing paper??  Because of all this, closing was rescheduled FIVE times.  Yes, five.  I was about at my wits end. 

But, it's done.  And I'm glad.  Relieved really. 

And a little sad. 

The selling of this house represents the closing of one door (and of course, the opening of another).  When I purchased this house, I told myself (and anyone else who would listen) that this house was going to last me until I got married.  Finding David seemed to take me a while and two years ago I attempted to sell this house and upgrade.  I actually had it on the market when David and I met.  But, that didn't workout...which actually has turned out best in the end.  My original plan was actually "the plan" all along. 

And it's worked out wonderfully. 

And I'm happy.

The End.

Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails