Thursday, February 6, 2014

Long Time No See...

::tap, tap, tap::  Is this thing on?

Wow, it's been a while!  Almost four months to be exact.  I didn't mean to take this long of a hiatus from blogging, it just kinda happened. 

Around the time of my initial break, David and I took a road trip across the country.  I called it a sister trip because we visited both our sisters, while viewing the foliage across the midwest and eastern parts of the country.  It was beautiful and we really enjoyed it.  Here's a nice pic from said trip:


Does my face look a little puffy in this picture?  Well, that's because it is...I was around two months pregnant at the time!  Which...is the real reason for the blogging hiatus. 

I didn't want to slip up and say something about being pregnant when we were not ready to share yet.  And it took us a little while to get to this point.  Thankfully, not as long as some, but longer than we had initially "planned."  What is it that one of my favorite friends likes to say...God laughs at your plans.  Yea, He really does.

So!  In the meantime, David and I used our Christmas card to announce the pregnancy to family and close friends...we used this picture where I'm holding our first ultrasound pic.


Doesn't the Christmas-y looking tree fit the bill for the scene?  Haha!

The news has slowly been leaking out to other friends and acquaintances via Facebook and the ol' grapevine.  David's so shy about it and doesn't want to draw attention to us, but I thought it was a good time to share on here.

So, now that the big secret's out, I suppose I can continue with this blogosphere.  I'm not sure how much I'll feel like blogging as my pregnancy progresses (by the way, I'm currently halfway-20 weeks!), but we'll see how things go. 

In my next few posts I'd like to catch you up on my most recent craft projects and some of my favorite books that I've read within the past four months.  I've kinda decided to review only books that I realllly like on here from now on...so, if you don't see a book review for a while, it's because I've only been reading not-so-fantastic stuff.  Which happens.  Every reader gets into a rut from time to time.

Also, I've removed the NYE Resolution tab because I've decided to not renew the same resolution this year.  Being pregnant...yea, there's no way I'll get around to reading every book that I own this year.  I'm smart enough to know that'll neeeever happen.  Plus, add in all the pregnancy and baby books I'm adding to said list.  Yea, no way.

With all that being said...I hope you're still here with me.  And we'll see what this next chapter of mine and David's life brings!

P.S. For those curious, we have not yet found out the sex and no, I will not be posting names of baby on the blog until it's a done deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails